Jessica Simpson - No Turkey for Thanksgiving 2011

Jessica Simpson - No Turkey for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving table will be noticeably turkey-free this year, thanks to the influence of fiance Eric Johnson. PEOPLE reports that the former NFL player has adopted a vegan diet since leaving professional sports.

Simpson, who accepted Johnson's proposal on Nov. 11, told Jimmy Fallon of her future husband, "After getting out of the NFL, [Eric] went to this healer and is very healthy. For Thanksgiving we have to make a Tofurkey! It doesn't sound right! It's gonna be jiggly and weird."

The singer and actress, who has been open about her struggles with food in the past, told interviewers at the California Women's Conference, "My relationship with food? I want it when I'm sad ... It's important not to say, 'I can't have this,' because then I obsess about it."

Blog Archive